Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Dinner @ my Dad and step Moms (Grampy & Grammy)

5:30 pm. 7-15-2009: I showed up to Grampy & Grammy's house and when I stood up from the car to walk inside I noticed a large warm feeling. I looked down and the crotch of my white shorts was wet. At this point I'm thinking if I just peed that much in my pants I really have a problem!!! I walked into the house and Grampy was waiting for me to say hi to him and Mommy was like, "I need to go to the bathroom." And Grampy said well at least say, "Hi." And Mommy said, "No I really need to go to the bathroom." It was funny although he had no idea what was going on b/c I wasn't going to say I just peed my pants. hahaha.... Anyway after going in the bathroom I realized it wasn't pee. It was clear. I then yelled out the door if they had some gym shorts I could slip on. Again they were confused b/c they had no idea what was happening. After I cleaned myself up I went out and told them. I wasn't too sure what to do. Daddy called and said he was on his way (he was at work and was meeting me there) I told him what happened and he said, "So that's your water breaking. We need to go to the hospital don't we?" It was really cute. He was super excited. I hadn't had any contractions at all so I wasn't sure if I was actually in labor. I told just come and we'd talk when he got there. He showed up, we began eating and as long as I was sitting I was fine but when I stood up more water would leak. It was gross but that's when I really started to think THIS IS IT!!! It's time, it's happening. I called the hospital and explained everything and they said to come in and they would do a test to see if indeed that was my water that broke and if it was and I didn't have any contractions they'd probably induce me. I called the Doctors office after and the on call Doctor said if I wasn't having any contractions that it was o.k. to just stay at home and take my time coming in. It was getting late so I said well if I'm getting ready to go to sleep should I come in before hand if I still haven't felt anything or should I sleep. The Doctor said try to sleep and if I haven't felt contractions by morning to come in when I wake up so that's what we planned on doing. Although I part of me really wanted to go to the hospital just to make sure that I was in labor. That my water did indeed break.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

that was my worst fear is having my water break in public. I started carrying around an extra pair of pants and a towel. You have a great birth story to tell Noah when he's older.