Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Your 1st Doctor Appointment inside my Tummy turned out to be AMAZING...

Here I am at the entrance to the Doctors office. I was really excited but trying to control myself. After walking into the doctors office and seeing all the pregnant ladies who were very pregnant (totally showing) I began to fear that the Doctor would come into the my room and tell me I wasn't pregnant. How awful would that be?

After examining me and discussing that I didn't know if I had a period in October or not and that I had actually lost weight since being pregnant he said, "Well from everything you're saying I think you're probably not that far along. Maybe 8 weeks" So I was a little sad b/c I thought I was at least 10. Then we went to get the internal ultrasound so we could see you which was so not that bad, I thought it was going to hurt. He instantly said, "Well you're further along than I thought." After doing the measurements of your little head and body he said that I was 13 weeks and 6 days pregnant. I am so excited...

I forgot to tell you that as soon as I saw you for the first time tears came to my eyes. You're still so little but I could see you. Your little hands and head and body. I didn't realize that you were actually in me until I saw you. I mean I knew I was pregnant but now I have a photo of you that I can look at and say, "THIS IS MY BABY." I brought your photo into work after my doctor visit and made everyone who walked through the door look at it. I said, "Look, it's my baby." I am so proud to call you MY BABY. (That just brought tears to my eyes saying that) I saw your heart beating inside of you and could hear it as well. SO AMAZING!!! So I will be 14 weeks pregnant tomorrow. I found out you will be due July 15th, 2009. I can't wait!!! We will find out next month whether you are a little girl or boy. Daddy and I are looking forward to finding out. I love you soooo.... much!



Here I am leaving my 1st visit being 1 day short of 14 weeks. My belly is getting thicker I feel but people couldn't tell that I was pregnant at this point if they didn't know I was.


Here is the photo we got of you again. Your head is on the right and your belly on the left. If you look close enough you can see your little hand and even like your knuckles. Like you're making a fist. I think they could have printed out a different photo I mean when we were watching you on the screen we could see some great shots. This one there's like something sitting on your head. Is that my placenta??? Odd. Anyway I'll get more photos next time we go in. But I am so excited to see you.



8 comments:

The Jones Family said...

Hee hee!! AWW he/she is soo cute!! I love how huge and round their bellies are at first :) Gosh, i am soo anxious to find out if it's a boy or a girl!! I wish they could have been able to tell this time.. oh well.. wow 3 months already! Congrats!! (oh btw.. ya I had no idea the doctor was gonna do an internal ultrasound at my 8 week appt.. that was a bit surprising.)

LindsayLoo said...

Oh wow July is the best month to be born in!!! I am so excited for you... I love you Jen!

jeffandleath said...

My Mom's B'day is on July 15th - good day, good day!

brenda trimmer said...

Congratulations to you two! It will be easy to remember the due date. It is close to your cousin Benj's birthday.
Aunt Brenda

Lesley said...

Congratulations! It all becomes real when you see your little pea inside your womb! July is awesome! I am so excited for you.

The Jorgensens, said...

Jen your baby is so cute! It is amazing how clear ultrasounds are getting. When I went in with Jason I swear you could not tell a thing.. but you can totally see your baby.
I went in to have my dates checked with Ian when I was about 16 weeks and was so surprised at how he looked like a tiny baby instead of the alien I was expecting(sorry but that is how they look sometimes). I fell completely in love with him on the spot. Isn't it amazing how in love you can be with someone that isn't born yet? Congratulations! I can't wait to see more pictures of him/her.

Aaron and Jen Budge said...

Life is amazing to me!!! It is so crazy how a baby develops. I love him or her SO FREAKIN MUCH already. I'm so excited to be a mom. (But still nervous for the birth. LOL)

Marisa said...

Where is your baby tracker? You should get one... those things are awesome!